Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,
    I'm working on a website, everything is fine except for one small, annoying bug.

I have two main <tr>s in my design. The left one contains the menu and "news" <iframe>, the right one contains all my main content inside a table.

When I add another <td> to the content table, a problem appears in the left side <tr>. A blank space appears which I cannot for the life of me get rid of.

Here is the original page (everything working):
    http://www.ariesstone.com/history.php
    Now here is the same page but with an image on the right side of the text: http://www.ariesstone.com/history2.php

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a large chunk missing the background on the left side.

IMPORTANT: This bug only appears in FireFox. IE does not have it!

IMPORTANT: This bug is only visible the first time you load the page. If you re-load the page, the bug dissapears. To see the bug again you must close FireFox and go to the page again.

I'm very fed up with this.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Member #
    Think outside of the <td> here...

Having problems galore with tables? Don't use tables.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    You should also think outside of the <iframe>. Use includes instead of iframes.

Member #
    It appears to be a gap the same size as the amount that the text shifted down when the image was added.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you stick a height="100%" (or a style="height: 100%;") into the last tr on the inner table on the left, it seems to work out fine. But yeah, using nested tables like that is ugly. If you really want to use tables, learn how to live with things like colspan and rowspan. If you're willing to break from horribleness, go ahead and learn how to do CSS and use divs to achieve what you've done there. In this context, it shouldn't be too horrendously difficult.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    If you stick a height="100%" (or a style="height: 100%;") into the last tr on the inner table on the left, it seems to work out fine. But yeah, using nested tables like that is ugly. If you really want to use tables, learn how to live with things like colspan and rowspan. If you're willing to break from horribleness, go ahead and learn how to do CSS and use divs to achieve what you've done there. In this context, it shouldn't be too horrendously difficult.
    I had completely forgotten I posted here and had given up on the problem. Thanks alot for the help, works as it's supposed to!

Remove Ads