Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there. I'm fairly new to this game, so I have some questions as to how to best go about designing a new site I have been asked to do.
    The main thing I'd like to know about it dynamic text. Essentially, this site will have the profiles of 15 people on it. These people would like the ability to edit these profiles themselves without coding knowledge. Ideally, there would be a two part interface:
    Page A is the page with the profile on it, that is accessing some external file with the information on it.
    Page B is the secure page where the user can go to edit their profile, which changes what is seen on Page A (no doubt by altering th external file).
    I apologise, I realise this is an incredibly newbie question and probably very annoying, but if anyone was able to even point me in the right direction I would be grateful

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    You mean to tell me that you took on a job that you don't know how to do? How did you pull that one off

So what exactly is it that you want to know. You never really asked a question just rambled on about what you think of doing.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Look around the internet for a PHP/MySQL script that handles
    "user membership". You'll need to learn how to use PHP and MySQL,
    so buy some books and use some online tutorials. This isn't anything
    you'll just "plug-and-play". An alternative would be to find an online
    remote service that does it for you (that you subscribe to).

There's a section in this forum for hiring people to do it for you ...
    you might want to look into that too.

Remove Ads