Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi All, I am trying to do is get this site to work on my server. Seems there maybe an error with the css file. I am definatley no expert, infact a learning newbie. So hoping someone here can find the problem. Heres what the site should look like:Tambo Trolleys. Here's what it looks like on my server My Tambo Trolleys. As you can see it's missing the header and footer. Here's the link to the css file. I've checked all the links and they look fine.

Can any kind soul shed some light as to why I am not seeing the header and footer??

Thanks
    E

Member #
    First of all, just a small point but HTML XHTML CSS etc is Markup not code. Code is for programming.
    The problem with the missing header is, your Head selector in the css file has no width. The footer problem is probably something similar.
    End of Line.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Add width: 780px; to #head
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkette
    First of all, just a small point but HTML XHTML CSS etc is Markup not code. Code is for programming.
    The problem with the missing header is, your Head selector in the css file has no width. The footer problem is probably something similar.
    It's still code all the same, just not on the level of actual programming languages like Java and C#. Code can be used to describe any language that is to be interpreted, compiled, or executed by the computer (interpreted in the case of HTML/XHTML/CSS).

Also CSS is not markup. HTML and XHTML are. Markup is a variant of SGML, at least in my opinion, meaning it's HTML, XML, etc.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    While CSS certainly isn't markup, I've heard markup used to refer to wholly un-SGML-like languages such as TeX. I think markup is generally used to refer to anything which serves to describe text.

Code, I would argue, beyond what filburt1 already said, can also be perceived as text which contains information that is meant for the computer rather than for a person.

Member #
    Thank-you for your comments. To, me anything written in a basic language is code.

As suggested I have added the line: width: 780px; to the #header in the css file. Unfortunatley, it did not help. Banner is still not showing. :cry: :cry:

Anyone else any ideas??

Thanks
    E

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It... Looks fine here... Maybe you need to clear your cache or something? Or maybe it's an IE issue... Though I somehow doubt it.

Member #
    Thanks all. I got it sussed. Seems the image links in the css file were incorrect after all.

Regards
    E

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What a difference three hours makes ;-)

Remove Ads