Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: meta tags

Member #
    I cant seem to get this site recognised on any search engines whatsoever. i thought i had all the neccersary meta html, but i'm at a loss as to realising why its not showing up when searched for;

could anyone possibly check out the source coding and perhaps give me some advice on this site: http://www.castlewoodloftladders.co.uk/

(site is still under construction, i really need to minimise the jpeg sizes)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Meta tags are near useless for sites like Google as search engines now know that meta tags aren't descriptive of a page's content. Also remember two other things: text in images can't be seen by Google (always provide an alt tag to partially help), and it can take up to months for your site to appear. The larger the site gets, the more often Google will update its index about you. WDF gets an update every few days or every day. Minor sites could go weeks without seeing Google pass by.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Yes, i have been wiating some months now, six in fact; to no avail, i'm wondering if it may be something else instead. Do the hosting service have any bearing on the sites detectibility? i'm with http://uk2.net/

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Make sure there are links to your site on other sites, as that is the only way the search engine will really find your site.

Remove Ads