Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    When viewing my site in IE 6.0 occassionally (not always) it won't finish loading the full page.
    It will cut it off right below the bottom of my cafepress affiliate vertical banner.

Does anybody else see this problem when viewing my site?

It doesn't happen in Mozilla.

My site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It may well be that the cafepress banners are taking a while to load. Firefox will generally render a page aggressively, i.e., render everything it has and put placeholders for the stuff it doesn't. IE, on the other hand, is a little less aggressive, so sometimes it won't render, waiting for something to finish loading or for a tag to close or something, and if it doesn't happen within a timeout, it may well just give up.

I had something like this that I noticed yesterday, where I'd accidentally forgotten a closing tag for the title element in one of my Rails templates, leading IE to just show me a completely blank page. Totally weird stuff, until I realized the mistake. Firefox, meanwhile, was dealing with it with aplomb.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    It may well be that the cafepress banners are taking a while to load. Firefox will generally render a page aggressively, i.e., render everything it has and put placeholders for the stuff it doesn't. IE, on the other hand, is a little less aggressive, so sometimes it won't render, waiting for something to finish loading or for a tag to close or something, and if it doesn't happen within a timeout, it may well just give up.

I had something like this that I noticed yesterday, where I'd accidentally forgotten a closing tag for the title element in one of my Rails templates, leading IE to just show me a completely blank page. Totally weird stuff, until I realized the mistake. Firefox, meanwhile, was dealing with it with aplomb.

thanks you for the help. looks like I'll have to look for that open tag when i run it through the validator.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Maybe put the cafepress element at the very end of your html script (right before the </body> tag), in a div with absolute positioning? That should resolve any rendering issues.

Remove Ads