Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    On the following page, www.peabo.net/portfolio.html, the pictures are on the outside of the <div> when using Firefox, but not in IE. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Yea, yea, I used a table for the pics and Lightbox... crucify me later.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Two things: first of all, you'll want to make your lis be in a ul -- right now they're directly in a div.

But on to your particular problem, you want to make the list of menu items not floated left. Floating left in Firefox has the appropriate behavior, which is flowing adjacent content to the right of the left-floated element, which is what you're seeing happening -- the table is being flowed to the right of the menu items. I can't imagine why IE doesn't do this, though I'm sure it's got a perfectly unintelligent reason for it.

Member #
    When I take out the float: left elements, the menu items stack; however, if I add a float: left attribute to the #text div it displays right.

Thanks for your help!

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Your items stack because you need to get your lis displaying inline, and because they need to be inside a ul. float: left should have no further effect.

Member #
    Have you resolved this?

The site has problems in both IE and FF in that if you view on a smaller screen and scroll, the main photo remains static and the table/div covers that image. And if you click something, it's maligned.

But, I don't see any stacking/float problems.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I've resolved the first issue, at 1024X768. I am still workin on it though. I have more pictures to add, and a few more pages to add as well. I switched down to 800X600 and see what you mean. I forgot to fix the background after I changed my mind about the design.

Member #
    Hey Shadowfiend, I put the <ul></ul> tags around the navigation, but that caused it to drop down about 10px in FF. That and my drop downs are screwed up. It isn't uploaded that way, because the drop downs pages aren't done, but I will upload it in a different place so you can see what I am talking about.

Member #
    http://www.peabo.net/dangitwhydontthiswork.html

That is the link, the dropdowns do work in FF, but not in IE, BUT, the nav is pushed down in FF, but not in IE.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You'll have to get rid of margins and padding, that might do the trick for the push down. The dropdowns don't seem to work in Firefox, though -- they appear from the beginning. You also need to take them out of the normal flow, possibly through a position: absolute or something.

Member #
    I have the position:absolute in there, and have taken out everything about padding and margin concerning the menu, but to no avail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads