Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have an image in a <div> and it seems like it should be so simple to fix, yet for some reason float: center; doesn't work, and nothing i've tried has. I could fix it easily if I just used the HTML <center> tag, but I'm trying to avoid depreciated tags and use CSS. I know it's probably simple to fix I just don't now how.

Member #
    I found one way to do it in an earlier post...

margin: 0px auto 0px auto;

but it seems like there should be a much easier way to do it... and the other thing is, in the code above, why does this act as a center function? Doesn't it just state that there is no margin?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Actually, you can shortcut that one to [minicode]margin: 0px auto;[/minicode]. The reason this works is due to the way positioning is calculated with respect to margins within block-level boxes. If you're interested, this is discussed in an example on the World Wide Web Consortium website.

Remove Ads