Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Everyone!
    My name is Erik. I am new here. I am also very new to webdesign in general. As a service project, I am trying to help redesign the Disability Support Services Website for my school. I am writing today because I am trying to imlplement a horizontal dropdown menu using xhtml CSS and also some javascript, using the suckerfish method. I'm not sure if any of you have ever heard of that. It is basically a bunch of unordered lists that use CSS to make a second list drop down when a corresponding list item in a first leve list is hovored over. A better explanation can be found by go to this webpage. http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/
    I have been able to get the drop down functionality to work. But, I would like my first level links to rest on a background, Like in the attached picture. Right now. They run together. The only think I can think to do is wrap my first level links in a div block. But if I do that. It makes my drop down menus malfunction. I have attached the picture of what I want them to look like and my source code to this message. If it would helP: here is the link to my page.http://www.parkin.silverfir.net/DSSSite/ Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so Much!
    Erik Parkin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads