Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hopefully somebody can help. This is the beta to my website: http://yaxnet.com/beta/

For some reason, the content cannot be selected in internet explorer. Every other standards compliant browser (eg. Firefox, Opera) seems to work fine.

I used the png24 "hack" outlined here. I haven't had this problem in the past with it though. I've been sitting here for quite some time, and can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is.

I narrowed it down to the ie.css file for the div.cont-cont line. If I remove the line, the text works fine, but that makes the backgorund image disappear.

The majority of the website is relative positioned, however the title and navi across the top are absolute positioned. The site is CSS, and XHTML 1.0 Strict and valid according to the w3c

Somebody, PLEASE help! Thanks.

Member #
    Have you tried IE7? I use it on a few sites that I have done, and it works.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    See the link below and read some of the comments ...
    Maybe something might trigger an idea for you ....

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archiv...roblems_in_ie/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by -chris-
    Have you tried IE7? I use it on a few sites that I have done, and it works.
    What would that do for me? The issue is that it doesn't work in Internet Explorer 6 and below. *most* people do not use ie7 and won't for a while. Therefore, in order to keeep the site accessible, I need it to load properly in older versions of ie.

In regards to the link posted, I found that page when I searched google first. I tried to utiliize some of the solutions outlined, but none worked. Not to mentioned I'm not using a CMS system.

Thanks.

Member #
    Welp, I "fixed" it.

Actually, I guess I gave up. I reverted the majority of the images that didn't necessarily *need* to be png24 back to png8 and gave them the necessary background color.

So... all appears to be well now. On a positive side I cut some of the image sizes in more than half, so I guess that's a good thing. Now, the only thing that is using the png24 "hack" is the title image and the navigation across the top.

Thank you to everyone that *tried* to help.

Member #
    IE7 is another hack that you can use in order to take advantage of the upgrades from the actual Internet Explorer v7 in older versions of Internet Explorer.

Example. I used two PNG24 images (the logo and orange-black section across the top) on this site and there are no compatability issues in Internet Explorer.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying(?)

Please elaborate.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The IE7 he pointed is not the new Internet Explorer version 7 browser, it's a script by Dean Edwards that uses Javascript to make pre-version-7 IEs work correctly with a whole bunch of CSS and other features that IE usually doesn't support.

Member #
    Ohhhhhh... Thanks.

Too bad it's JS.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hardly. I expect the proportion of IE users who have JS enabled is far far far larger than that of the same using Firefox or Opera. Moreover, there's nothing inherently wrong with using Javascript -- in fact, it can yield some pretty awesome results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads