Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hey guys newbie here
    ive been able to combine js pages together so i can have 3 html pages use the same js page, instead of having 3 more js pages

but i want to know how is it possible to "combine" the html pages so that they 1 page that sort of builds the other pages. so that way i will only have 1 html page. the only thing on the page that is static is the title at the top and an <hr> seperating the title and table. any help would be great. thanx alot guys.

ive attched my html and js files for reference if your confused on whta im talking about. notice the span tags hold the data that the script uses to make the tables. if any of you object ot this method then im sorry but this is the way i need it done. i just need help on the problem i have. thankx again

elementList.js and ElementList.htm work together to create the ElementList.htm AttrList.htm and the TextTags.htm i want to be able to combine the HTML pages ive just listed. thanx again guys and be sure to ask for clarification. i know i didnt explain that well

Member #
    sorry forgot to attach file

Member #
    I think what you are talking about is using some type of include command, so you can have one file with your content, and have that file called at different places in your site. If so, shtml and php can do that, among other languages. SHTML is pretty simple, and almost all servers support it.

Here is a quick SHTML primer, and let us know what languages your host supports so we might recommend other ways to achieve this.

Member #
    hey thanx for the quick reply im checking it out now, and the languages that i know how to use are just html and js

Member #
    If your host supports PHP, it's REALLY easy to use the PHP include command, I dont know much php, and even I can do it

Let me know how that works out for ya

Remove Ads