Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am in a pinch. :ermm: I am designing in a centered table, but I want to have a wide stripe moving across the top of the entire screen. I created a background image and then positioned my table from top using css. But it looks different in Explorer and Firefox. Is there a fix for this! You can see what I mean by viewing the site in both browsers. www.corenoteinvestmentsinc.com
    I have tried creating a larger table with an additional column on either side, using percentages for the col spans, and placing my site table in the middle column, but again, it doesn't look centered in Explorer, but looks perfect in Firefox! I am desperate for a solution, as I have this site and another new site to build for a client that wants this effect!!
    Any help would be so appreciated! I design my sites with style sheets but I am not great with postioning yet, although I would be willing to try. That is why I am still using tables. :nervous:

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    If every page was a pre-defined height, you could use a background image
    that could be placed on the body with CSS. I mention that because your
    footer is also going all the way across, which would mean that the height of
    the page would need to be defined in order to fit correctly.

If you only needed the header to go all the way across, things would be easier.

Let us know if you only need the header or both the header and footer, and if
    you need both, what would be the defined page height (example: 1500 pixels).

Remove Ads