Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

I'm getting back into web design to try and earn some money over my gap year. At the moment I'm putting together a support application that I can use to keep in contact with my clients and let them know how the project is going, share files, address problems, etc. I'm also going to be putting together a 'reporting' page, where visitors to my clients' sites can report problems.

So far I've got the basic layout sorted, but before I can start templating it up and turning it into a working application I need to crush a few bugs. This is my first attempt at a tableless layout - before i've been naughty and used tables far too much.

http://support.tbdc.net/testing.htm

The page displays fine in firefox and IE7, but in IE6 their is a thin grey line between the nav and the content body - about 3 or 4 px wide. The 'progress bar' also has a thin blue line underneath it.

Can anyone see how to fix these minor problems? Can anyone see any others? I haven't tested in Opera yet and I can't test in Safari at the moment (mac is broken ) so can anyone see any problems in these browsers?

Thanks!!!

Ollie
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

Member #
    Argh,

Just checked in opera and the orange nav bar just sort of crumples itself up in the top right corner

Now I remember why I liked tables :P

EDIT: Never mind, that was fixed easily!

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It shows up better in IE7 than Firefox (shock, horror!), since the font used blends very well with the design. There is some horizontal scrolling though, but I believe that's a browser bug and nothing to do with your code.

With Firefox, the padding around the site preview image (the one on the right) disappears, so it's pushed right against the text.

The design is very good though.

Member #
    There's horizontal scrolling in IE6 and IE7 and I still can't work out why Looks like Opera plays with my site fine though, which is good.

Only other problems I'm having are the thin grey bar between the page content and the nav, and a problem with my progress bar at the bottom of the page - the 'bar' seems to start a couple of pixels above the container, which is strange. Both these problems occur in IE6 - does anyone have any suggestions what to try to fix it?

Ollie

Remove Ads