Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi! can someone please help me??
    i have built a website in flash 8 and I'm using dreamweaver to publish it. i do not know anything about html or java script but i am trying to get the window to open in full screen mode when the page as loaded. i have tried several lines of code from various websites that claim it will do the trick yet when i copy the code into my code through dreamweaver and publish it it does not seem to do anything!! i most of the sites tell me to copy it into the 'head tag' which i have done but am still getting no where! its driving me crazy!!! please help!!!

Member #
    The problem is, with helpful browsers (firefox and opera off the top of my head) these type of scripts will not work. They do not allow popup windows, and the only way to have a full screen window is by using a javascript link or similar.

Discussion: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/a...hp/t-4198.html

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'll mention that the browsers that don't allow it do the right thing.

Remember, the web is not for you to control the user's computer, it is to present something to the user that the user can control. Otherwise, you have television :-)

Member #
    hi there.
    the stage i'm at at the moment is just previewing it locally in dreamweaver from my hard drive. i have copied various code from other sites like i say but i havent even published it on line yet cos it is not working when previewing it locally. i am previewing in just internet explorer at this time. i wouldnt usually want my website to open in full screen mode but because of the design of this particular one, it will look alot better as it is too big to completely fit on the page. (i know, bad design on my part) have you got any ideas? is it that the code will only work when it is published to the web server?

Remove Ads