Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

CPW
    Member #
    Hello,
    I am working on a website and on a few pages I have a link to a printable page. I got the site working in IE just fine (minus a few things I am still working on), but when I view it in Firefox, those links don't act like links and don't even act like text. Check it out here in IE and then Firefox and see what I mean. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the problem, please let me know. Thanks.
    -CPW

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What's happening is that the div that contains the link is being overshadowed by the div with the title. To fix this, you can either put the printlink div after the title div in the source code, or you can give the printlink div a z-index of 1 in the CSS. That'll make it pop to a layer above the title div, preventing that overshadowing effect.

CPW
    Member #
    Ah, I see. Well, thanks for telling me how to fix the problem. I did what you said (I did the z-index thing) and now it works in both IE and in Firefox. Thanks again. :-)

Remove Ads