Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: ok

7mX
    Member #
    alright i have a bottom frame and a gif image that i am going to use for my navbar i want to make the body of the frame transparent and put the gif as my nav bar, so that when i scroll you can see the text going under the gif instead of it just dissapearing into black ... hopefully you guys/girls can understand that

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You'd probably want to make your GIF semi-transparent and use the z-index property of CSS for that. z-index controls the "depth" dimension of a web page. The higher the number, the more an item will be forced to the front.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    7mx, the reason we gave you all those other reasons is because what you're trying to do is literally IMPOSSIBLE. Each frame is a completely separate page unaffected by other frames. It doesn't "layer" frames on top, it puts a seaparate page on the bottom of the screen.

You have to use other methods than frames. Look into css positioning with a javascript helper that changes it when the user scrolls.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    nothing is impossible

although what he's asking for isn't possible with most common technologies today, it can be achieved with some fancy javascript in the frame page....

Unfortunately, it would take me about 4-6 hours to code it, and I'm not gonna do it today.

Maybe in the future, though. If I ever get my prize for the April competition (haven't heard from the hosting guy yet) and get my 0-Gfx.com site up i'll put it there as a tutorial.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well... seems a heck of a lot easier to make a floating div text that was underneat the next and use that... or make a sationary image (like geocities banners) :P I was just a bit short because ther'es a whole thread about this exact subject right below it.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

7mX
    Member #
    sorry

sorry guys i accedently made this post and the forums wont allow me to delete it heheh there was already a post concerning this

Remove Ads