Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello :classic:
    I would like to include a members area on my web site, where people can sign up, come back any time by signing in, they can have their forgotten passwords automatically send to registered e-mail- in one word similar options to those used on this web site. How can I do that? Does a ready to copy and past software exist to solve this demand? Or is there any simple script I could learn?
    Thank you very much for the answer.

Member #
    You will need php/MySQL. MySQL is a database which will store all the information. PHP will communicate with the database.

heres a tutorial

http://codewalkers.com/tutorials/82/1.html

Member #
    thank you very much for the tip. will have to study this link :classic:

Member #
    i think that php would be a good place to start with that one try looking around some php script sites. even .htaccess might work depending on what you want users to sign in for. Be aware however that it will not be able to change lost passwords
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    So will members areas work with HTML pages?

I've heard of programs that do it for you...I just havent found them, and this could help take my web sites to a different level...and i really dont want to fool around with PHP websites, they frustrate me, plus you can't really customize PHP pages unless you are profficient in the code...(To my knowledge)

Member #
    Well php is html with a sinigle additional markup tag however if you don't want to use them you can use .htaccess files to do it these work by placing a file in the directory you want to have password protected html in that specifies who has access to it. There are a ton of online tutorials for it try searching Google for .htaccess
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodragon
    Well php is html with a sinigle additional markup tag however if you don't want to use them you can use .htaccess files to do it these work by placing a file in the directory you want to have password protected html in that specifies who has access to it. There are a ton of online tutorials for it try searching Google for .htaccess
    Pyrodragon is right. .htaccess is probably your best bet. If you have cpanel u can password protect a directoy from the panel. All it is doing is the .htaccess work for you.
    Web Designer and Telecom Engineer
    eCommerce Shopping Cart Solutions

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonlp
    Pyrodragon is right. .htaccess is probably your best bet. If you have cpanel u can password protect a directoy from the panel. All it is doing is the .htaccess work for you.
    that depends on the host if you are using one, however some do not have one
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Remove Ads