Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I do not know all the technical terms but...
    I have a web page builder that saves the pages into a wss file. When I upload it it turns into a html page. I lost an entire section on the web page builder. How do I change the html pages into a wss file again so I don't have to redo all the pages again?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I use Web Page Maker to do my site. The problem is when I was working on the page the computer froze. I had to shut it down. When I restarted I cannot open the file again. It keeps telling me "Invalid Web Page Maker File! Load Failed"
    I told them of my problem and sent them my entire file which they said they will fix...3 days waiting now. They are very slow responding
    I would like to repair the file myself. If I just knew how to change the html page back to a wss file. Could this be possible?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    It may be, but this is the first time I've heard of wss files, or that software. I'm guessing it's a proprietary format.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Exactly what is a priority file and can I change it into a different format?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Proprietary means it's a format that the company created for their own use. Generally speaking, unless they provide tools, it isn't possible to change it into a different format. Moreover, if it's giving you errors when you try to open it, it was probably corrupted and thus will be unreadable even with a tool to convert it to another format. As for converting back to it -- that would require having an understanding of the details of the file format, which will be difficult at best. I'd just annoy them until they fix it for you.

Member #
    Thanks for the info. I wish I would have known about this before I used this program. But I never did a web page before in my life and it seemed like and is an easy program to use.
    What page builder programs are easy and good to use that you know about? I like to work on the page with the html stuff to learn a little but I lwant an easy builder. Since I can't figure out alot of the things. Like how to get the item I want in the place I want it on the page and so on.
    Any suggestions for my next web site?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nvu is worth a look, as I gather it, but it's been so long since I've worked with WYSIWYG programs that I can't say for sure. Dreamweaver is good, too, but it's a bit on the very expensive side.

Remove Ads