Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I want to create a members area where a member can join then enter with a username and password. I have found plenty of basic examples and tutorials but nothing that suits my needs exactly. I cannot code, I am purely drag and drop and copy and paste, but I can follow commands and understand them easily enough.

What I did find though was a product by DMXready called Members Area Manager 1.0
    http://www.dmxready.com/specialorder...asp?mid=&mid2=

I would like to know if anyone has used this and would it be suitable for me, a basic html designer with dreamweaver and 2 mysql databases on 1and1.co.uk

Member #
    Looks like a good program. I haven't used it, but it looks like it will do the job.
    What type of site are you password protecting? Just make sure the program will work with your interface.

Other than that, you should look at coding if you are serious about design. If not, you can get the program or you can hire a designer/developer.
    Good luck with your site......
    GMan

Member #
    As a follow up question. Does any one know of a program that would do this without ASP?
    Web Designer and Telecom Engineer
    eCommerce Shopping Cart Solutions

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Effectively any server-side language can do it. That means ASP.NET, JSP, PHP, ASP (not .NET), Perl, whatever.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    The site I run is basically an html based site with plenty of pages all of which are fully operational and designed in dreamweaver mx.

The DMXready software is designed in dreamweaver also and is supposed to be fully customisable, with each page being open sourced. DMXready will possibly offer technical support and they have a step by step guide to enable me to upload the database.

I suppose I'll have to change my site to an .asp enabled website in dreamweaver to be able to run the scripts successfully.

All I want is a private members area page where the user can join up and view exclusive membership offers once they have logged in. Also from this page a link to a members details page where the member can view and change their personal deatails and read their personal messages.

The DMX software uses third party cookies which I think would be useful for members navigating around the site and re-visiting their membership page.

I think I would have trouble coding all of the above, although I can create a simple database in phpmyadmin and I have some basic knowledge of dreamwaver forms. The trouble is I don't know how to link the two together.

I just hope the DMX software will be suitable for me and easily customisable.

Anyone who has used this software please let me know.

Remove Ads