Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    check this link

the text in the header is aligned completly differnet in safari?:surprised: anyone know why this is, i'm sure i tested this and it was fine, obivously not enough:ermm:

doesn't anyone know any css commads that you can use to whisper to safari? like the *html for ie6<

unfortunetly i can't really test in safari at the moment, so i have only browser shots to review . (any help would be appriciated)

you can visit the site here

cheers

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Karloff,

How about putting that text you have right into the image itself?

That way, you can pick some better fonts and customize it ... it would
    then look the same in every browser.

Experiment with some nice looking text:
    www.cooltext.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm afraid the header looks just about as badly aligned on my Firefox... Looks like getting rid of the margins on the h2 fixes it, though.

Member #
    i tried testing/fixing it there and the margin/ padding were giving problems so i decided to use absolute positioning .... what do you think of this. not done it before but my 1st instinct is that it is bad practice.:ermm:

I would like to add in my defence that the client specified the colors and the position of the header titles

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    In general, absolute positioning on the page isn't a great idea. But if it fixes your problem, and it's on a relatively immobile piece of text (which the header classifies as), you should be more or less fine.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Absolute positioning is bad usually, but as said, it's just sometimes hard to work around it for a different solution.

WDF uses some absolute positioning, but I avoided it as much as possible. I believe the search fields are absolutely positioned because every browser had its own idea of where to put them otherwise.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    :thumbsup: cheers, i thought it wasn't the best idea, but seeing as i never got paid for that job and i can't be arsed messing about for ages on a finished job i think i'll leave it. however i will endevour to not do it again.

cheers for the input guys

Remove Ads