Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

I am having problems with links showing in a web browser. I have a table with .pdf files linked in the column at http://www.elkgrovecity.org/economic.../marketing.htm

But they do not who up in the web browser. I see them in my editor (FrontPage) and another computer in Internet Explorer. I've tried linking, copy and pasting code, etc. Does anyone know why they won't show up?

Thanks,
    MonaE

Member #
    Mona I have been that site and I can see the .PDF extensions and I click on them and I get the usual pop up of save/open I can't see the problem here...

Member #
    Funny....I can't see it on one of my computers, but can on another. My client (who needs to see it) cannot see the links either. The .pdf column is blank. When I view the script, it does not show the links. I'm at a lost....

Member #
    Looks like it has to do with the file because I can make and see new links I make. Why would certain .pdf files work and not others? I tried re-saving .pdf and uploading. ??????

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Try getting rid of the height you've got set on those rows, or maybe setting them to something bigger like 30 or 40.

Member #
    No luck ( I tried increasing and getting rid of height.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's too bad :-( More of a shot in the dark on my part, as I'm not seeing the issue. Can you figure out what's in common between the two computers? Are they using the same browser? IE5 or IE5.5, maybe?

Member #
    Found it! Apparently when you name a .pdf file starting with the letter "a" it does not show up in some browsers. Once I renamed the file, all worked. Go figure.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sounds like it's more likely that that was a FrontPage issue than a browser issue, but cool :-)

Remove Ads