Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Pop-Up or link

IPA
    Member #
    Hi Guys,
    I am trying to figure out if we can code a link differently so that when the link opens a pop-up, IE6/7 and FF1.5 have a way to distinguish between it being a requested page thus, it not being blocked by the built in pop-up blockers.

I hope that makes sense and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Member #
    So, a way to code a link so that it bypasses popup software? Is that what you mean?

IPA
    Member #
    That would be good but I dont think that is available. There is such a huge difference between something like a pop-up ad and a window that someone on your site actually wants to open. That is what I am asking.

Member #
    I have two thoughts:

1- On some sites, I have seen it say, "Javascript must be enabled, please change your settings to allow this url: http://www.thedomain.com"

2- Using CSS pop-ups will allow you to bypass the javascript/pop-up blockers, but it will not open in a new window. In other words, depending on what you want in the pop-up, it may or may not be a good alternative.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads