Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys,
    I've been trying to sort out a problem on a design of mine for a while and I can't for the life of me do it.

URL: http://www.sonicadesign.com/mpl-new/...p?page=contact

What I'm trying to do is get the main page text to flow rigidly down the centre of the page, rather than spilling out into the spaces below the sidebars, which are DIVs floated left and right. Is there any way to force the text to stay in the centre?

Thanks for any help
    Craig

//Edit:

I havev been asked to elaborate on my problem (and solution) to help others searching for the same problem. Are we sitting comfortably? The we'll begin:

The problem I was having was more specifically to do with text-flow around two floated DIVs which I had been using as "sidebars". The site looked fine when there enough text content to keep it above the bottom of the sidebars and therefore kept within the boundaries of the three-column layout.

It started to look ugly when content extended below the sidebars, as rather than keeping with the colum layout and extending downwards in the centre only, the content spread out and expanded to below the sidebars, destroying the three-column look.

The way I got around the issue is to use the margin-left and margin-right attributes within CSS to set the margin of the central DIV to 17% each side (the two sidebars are 14% each, allowing for 3% gap between the sidebar and the content).

Problem solved

Member #
    OK, stupid mistake on my part. I just used the margin-left and margin-right CSS attributes. D'oh!

You can disregard this thread now. I feel stupid for asking lol.

Remove Ads