Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Example of design: http://www.eyesoute.com/new/
    New div version: http://www.eyesoute.com/new/index2.php

I decided to move one of the sites I posted for review to an all div design to see how I like it, but I'm having some troubles.... I can't seem to get the entire design to stretch 100% width/height, and not have extra space at bottom from the divs stacking on each other... Nor can I seem to get some white space between two divs to disappear, and my border to appear in its place.

I would also like to know the best way to get a little watermark (Shown on both pages), to stay in that area, below the text but still in sight... I plan on having the div with content in it, have a background image, so that means I can't just put a background: bottom right, in the content div... Right? Or can divs have more then one background (That would be oh so nice)

Thanks in advanced... I'm not really new to divs, but I am new to making pure div designs.

Edit: Just fixed the white space (Forgot to set a background color... Whoops)

Member #
    First of all, I'm stoked that you're trying to go tableless. The first site is very difficult, but once you've done it, you'll never go back!

Did you take the site down? Currently all I see is a header. So, I can't really address all of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykoi
    I would also like to know the best way to get a little watermark (Shown on both pages), to stay in that area, below the text but still in sight... I plan on having the div with content in it, have a background image, so that means I can't just put a background: bottom right, in the content div... Right? Or can divs have more then one background (That would be oh so nice)
    Yes, you can do the watermark as a background div. Or, you can use it as an image and play with z-indeces. I would recommend the former.

A div can only support one background image, but you can certianly nest divs to do what you're trying to do. Maybe put the page background in body or create a #footer.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    The site is up... The header/side bar is all you really need to see for the 100%+ problem

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykoi
    The site is up... The header/side bar is all you really need to see for the 100%+ problem
    The header is at 100% and there is no side bar.
    Shani

Member #
    The header is 75px (The one with the image in it), and the side bar is... Well the thing below it

They're both in a parent div which is stretched to 100%... Also I hope you're looking at the index2.php and not index.php

Member #
    Then you're side bar is not showing up.
    Shani

Member #
    Well that sucks... It shows up in IE, and as far as I can tell - the css is correct... Someone mind looking at the code?

Member #
    Well after about an hour and a half of working with a friend of mine, I got it to work... In a way
    www.eyesoute.com/new/index2.php

As you can see, a new problem has arisen... When content goes over the 100% mark, the divs don't stretch with it. Now this is obviously because I'm using position absolute on the content... However, it is the ONLY thing that has worked for me....

Any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Out of interest , Firefox tidy html validator gave some "a lacks href" warnings, but it also interestingly gave a "missing /div" warning. I think it's the div on line 12 that it thinks should have an end tag.

Member #
    Wow... I have absolutely no idea how that happened... My code was valid a few hours ago, and I didn't even touch that div
    Thanks for pointing that out....

Don't suppose you know how to solve my main problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads