Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys!

This is my first post, so I hope I make a good impression.

Here's my dilemma:
    I'm using Dreamweaver 8, and I have a div set to use a certain style, which I called navbar.css. In it I have specified what links on the page should look like. Now, whenever a link shows up on my page, even if it occurs in another div, it still follows navbar.css. I have tried applying another style, however that seems to cancel out the navbar.css. I'm hoping this an easy thing to fix, and thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Your link syle will follow navbar.css ... all links will follow the same style.

You didn't mention why you want to change the links when you are already
    defining how they look. Is there perhaps one link that you want to change?

The hard part in all of this is not the font, color or size, but the hover part.

This might be a question where it's best to give us a link to your page and show
    us exactly which link(s) need to be different from what you are defining in your
    style sheet.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you included navbar.css in your page, then you're not telling only that div to use navbar.css, you're telling your whole page to use navbar.css.

How exactly are you telling only that div to use navbar.css?

If you want only the links in the navbar to be this certain color you're specifying, then you can do something like this:

Well say you have in your HTML file, <div id="navbar">nav stuff here... links too </div>

Then in your CSS (whether you put it in navbar.css or whether you use inline stylesheets or whatever), put this:
    #navbar a{
    color: (whatever color you want navbar links to be);
    }

... That way, only your navbar links will be that color you specified, instead of ALL the links on your page being that color.

If you have any further problems, try posting your code and it may be easier for us to help you.

RaspberryH
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Depending on how you're using the styles, I may suggest listen to raspberryh, or I might suggest defining classes instead of ids.

Post a link to better illustrate what you're trying to achieve.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads