Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Good afternoon everyone!

I uploaded some .aao files to my server yesterday. These files contain maps that are in development for the America's Army game. When attempting to download them; however, I (or anyone attempting to download) receive a page cannot be found screen. If we right-click and save as, the file does not download completely (only 4kb of the 4mb+ depending on the file).

The links are correct and the files are on the server. I just don't understand why they cannot download them properly.

Here is the link to my website with the files:

www.djdomonline.com/maps/

Here is a link to a website also housing these beta maps, but their's works perfectly:

http://fxarmyops.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=603

Any assisance you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

Member #
    Well, I have Zipped on of the files and loaded it up to the site. It downloads fine, but the .aao files still do not. Why is that other sites can upload .aao files for download and I cannot?

Member #
    I'm not 100% sure on this but I think your host have to specify what is to be done with the .aao file in IIS, which basicly means what action should be taken when the .aao file is requested, OR its becasue your on a windows server, but then i could be wrong
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Yes, it is a windows server. Is that bad?

Member #
    Well generally websites are ran from a Linux webserver anyways no matter what the purpose of your website. Done a bit more research and my conclusion is that it is because you are on a windows server. The only way of curing this is to email/support ticket your host and ask to be moved to a linux server
    Regards Phil,

Remove Ads