Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i have no idea what i am doing here (i am better at engraving). I can't get the scroll bar off of the bottom, there is way too much empty space at the right. Please be easy on the technical lingo!!
    Debbie

www.he-reigns.com

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    First post? Ok ... but still ... posting this in the "How's my site" section is not the best way to get some help. This forum is for reviews on site you post. Don't post another one, I'm sure a mod will move it for you. For future reference, this should have been posted in the HTML, XHTML, XML, and CSS forum under the Coding it section.

As for the problem you're having ... what browser are you having trouble with? What is the site actually suppose to look like?
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    hi, sorry about posting in the wrong area, i am an engraver, not a web designer. I have IE 6.0. when i go to my site, there is a scroll bar at the bottom with a lot of empty space to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    First post? Ok ... but still ... posting this in the "How's my site" section is not the best way to get some help. This forum is for reviews on site you post. Don't post another one, I'm sure a mod will move it for you. For future reference, this should have been posted in the HTML, XHTML, XML, and CSS forum under the Coding it section.

As for the problem you're having ... what browser are you having trouble with? What is the site actually suppose to look like?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Play with the width here

Code:
    <table width="996" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="513">
    Know this ... (I know ... you're an engraver not a web designer) you site doesn't look the same in Firefox as it does in IE (I'll go ahead and assume that it's the same for Opera).

Also (I know ... you're an engraver not a web designer) that code is a mess. You have an XHTML Doctype but you have every deprecated attributes and element in the book. Stuff like bgcolor should be put in a style sheet.

I strongly suggest you look into learning CSS. For a quick start, have a look at this thread I created - Resources for learning how to use CSS for layout
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Moved the thread to HTML, XHTML, XML, and CSS.

Member #
    UGH...may be best if I just hire someone to do it. the engraving is a new business we are building, and we still work a full time day job, extra time to learn is rare. I thought I would be able to just build it the way i wanted w/ frontpage, obviously not. I realize it is a mess. Thanks for your help anyway!
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    Play with the width here

Code:
    <table width="996" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="513">
    Know this ... (I know ... you're an engraver not a web designer) you site doesn't look the same in Firefox as it does in IE (I'll go ahead and assume that it's the same for Opera).

Also (I know ... you're an engraver not a web designer) that code is a mess. You have an XHTML Doctype but you have every deprecated attributes and element in the book. Stuff like bgcolor should be put in a style sheet.

I strongly suggest you look into learning CSS. For a quick start, have a look at this thread I created - Resources for learning how to use CSS for layout

Remove Ads