Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    14586
    Hi,
    I'm helping a friend out with a new site. I downloaded a free template off the internet and designed the site. When viewing the site locally on my PC it's displayed correctly, when i upload all the files and view via the internet the whole template appears missing like it hasn't uploaded correctly?
    Here's the url...
    http://jmloft.zexxo.net/index.html
    Ignore the images not viewable i haven't uploaded them yet. I just wondered if you know if i have to do anything additional, like renaming or converting some of the files etc? I will try and get screen prints as well.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Benno

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,354
    Member #
    1326
    Your page is looking for a file named base.css in a folder named styles, look at this line of code
    HTML Code:
    <link href="styles/base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    I checked, the file does not exist.

    Create a subfolder named styles and upload base.css and that should be you.

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    14586
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    Your page is looking for a file named base.css in a folder named styles, look at this line of code
    HTML Code:
    <link href="styles/base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    I checked, the file does not exist.

    Create a subfolder named styles and upload base.css and that should be you.
    Thanks for your help, i will have a look tonight

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    14586
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    Your page is looking for a file named base.css in a folder named styles, look at this line of code
    HTML Code:
    <link href="styles/base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    I checked, the file does not exist.

    Create a subfolder named styles and upload base.css and that should be you.
    Sorry just going back to this again. Do i need to create the subfolder on the host and then upload to this folder? The free host i'm currently using is a browser upload.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,354
    Member #
    1326
    Well you dont have to create a subfolder, but in your <link> line of code you are referencing a file in a folder named styles.

    If you do not want a subfolder just upload base.css and change the line to
    HTML Code:
    <link href="base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    14586
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    Well you dont have to create a subfolder, but in your <link> line of code you are referencing a file in a folder named styles.

    If you do not want a subfolder just upload base.css and change the line to
    HTML Code:
    <link href="base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated I will check tonight. I've just logged into my free host and can confirm that i've upload - base.css1.4 kb
    Not quite sure whats going on?

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,354
    Member #
    1326
    You still have to delete styles from
    HTML Code:
     <link href="styles/base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    14586
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    You still have to delete styles from
    HTML Code:
     <link href="styles/base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    You're a star! Basically if i delete styles/ it will display correctly?
    Thanks for your help...


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com