Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ok I'm new to the whole css thing and I am working on switching my site from tables to css, and I have to questions:
    first I think I got the the banner, the navigation bars and the footer but now, HOw do I place my content which is supposed to go at the right sife os the left nav bar, if I insert a new <div> it is gonna show up underneath the left nav instead of the right, please tell me how to go this.
    Here's my second question since I am new to this I wan to make sure I get things right, so once I have all my pages done I palce a link between the <head> </head> tag pionting to the stylesheet containing atributes such as this for example:

Code:
    body 
    {
    background-color:#9C9C9C;
    text-align: center;
    }
    p {font: 12px verdana
    }
    li {font: verdana 14px
    }
    h1 {font: verdana 14px
    }
    h2 {font: verdana 14px
    }
    ul {font verdana 14px
    }
    a:hover
    {color:#ffffff;
    }
    a
    {
    color: #000000;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-family: verdana;
    font-size:12px;
    }
    meaning that I don't nedd to put this code into all of the pages as long as I palce the link into every single one of them and of course upload it to the root file, did I get it right?
    here's the link http://fdvisions.com/css.html
    Please guys let me know what you think, before I lose my mind over this css thing.
    thank you
    Franklin de Leon
    www.fdvisions.com

Member #
    Here's something that might help: http://bluerobot.com/web/layouts/layout1.html

It's a bit complex, with a few hacks, but it shows you the right way.

Basically, you float both the menu and content divs. Make sure both of them fit correctly so they fit in 98% of total width. The footer should clear both.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Copy all your styles to an a file and call it whatever.css and link to it from your web pages using the code below:
    <head>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="whatever.css" />
    </head>
    The styles file should have a .css extension (and not .html like you've said).

Member #
    Make sure to put the nav and content into a container div.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads