Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So after reading that title you probably have no idea what my question is actually about, so let me lay it out for you.

I have a web app project that I'm starting to put together ideas and structure for, and there's one part in particular that I want to implement but don't know how. I'm not sure how to do it or even what language I need to use to do it, so that's why I'm throwing it in the HTML forum, since that's the most general one. In it's simplest form what I'd like to do is allow user to click on a word within a paragraph of text and have an image appear at the end of the word that they click on. It's as simple as that. Actually, it's a lot more then that, but that's the part I can't remotely figure out how to do.

Anyone have any ideas about that?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ah, that has to do with selections. IE and Firefox handle those differently. Google Firefox selection handling Javascript and IE Selection handling Javascript (those exact queries) and you should get some more information. You'll be doing it using Javascript, which is the language used to make HTML pages active and reactive to user input.

Don't have time to go hunting for you, otherwise I would.

Member #
    Alright, I'm googling both of those right now. If someone else has a direct link that could help me out, please let me know!

Member #
    I'm still having trouble finding exactly what it is that I need, so Shadowfiend if you end up with a little more time feel free to help me out more.

Member #
    Like shadowfiend, I don't exactly have a lot of time on hand, but this I can tell you: look for some tutorials on how to use textRange objects.
    Hyperair

Remove Ads