Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: wordpress

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I wanted to integrate a CMS into my website. I am thinking about using wordpress, and make a template for the website. Is wordpress flexible enough to do anything I want? or is there too many limits, or a better CMS.

also, what's a good tutorial for making wordpress themes. I looked on the official website, but its kind of all over the place, and I have to read links of other information I need to know before I could start building the template. I just want a straight forward tutorial.

Member #
    I like WordPress. I have never used it as a CMS, but it is super easy to set up and use.

As far as building a template goes, all you need to do is download one with as many columns as you want and dig in. Most of the ones that I have downloaded have been highly commented, so that even the novice php user can see what is going on. If you know enough about php to write your own template, you are obviously welcome to do so, but if you are just starting to learn php, I recommend editing an existing template (or templates) until you are comfortable to write your own.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Remove Ads