Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm developing a FREE movie website
    ( see: http://www.idriveinmovie.com )
    The problem is that the rollover buttons on the web page won't function until the Quicktime movie file on the page is completely downloaded. This problem persists regardless of how the Quicktime files are exported when created.

Although the pages work fine with Safari and Explorer on the Mac, it does NOT in Firefox on the Mac or PC. It also does NOT work in Explorer on the PC.

I'm wondering if there's something specific with Firefox that I should be aware of in regards to coding the web pages. If anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them. Thanks!

Member #
    Use CSS or javascript rollovers insread. If it does not wrk on PC then I imagine the mac quicktime may be slightly different to windows quicktime, or mac browsers may have quicktime built in (but not win browsers) like win browsers have flash built-in

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What is it that's not working? The banner and the drop-downs all work for me, on a PC, using Firefox...
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberryh
    What is it that's not working? The banner and the drop-downs all work for me, on a PC, using Firefox...
    OK, the pages on the site that have a QT movie for example some of the links on the drop down menu from the "Movies" button will take you to a page with a quicktime movie like:
    http://www.idriveinmovie.com/whispers_medium.htm
    On that page, the drop down buttons will not appear on a lot of browsers until the QT movie has finished downloading. After 10 forums and over a week of trying different suggestions, I still have not solved the issue with the present navigation system and it's relation to the QT movies.

I'm now converting some QT files into Flash FLV files. So far the pages I've converted do not exhibit these problems and many people have reported suddenly being able to see the videos whereas before they could not. For example see this page:
    http://www,idriveinmovie.com/bltrailer_medium.htm

When encoded properly, a flv file can compare to the quicktime format in quality while decreasing it's size by about 50% and the JS used to access the file for the webpage seems to handle the caching of the page data differently than the Quicktime embed tag so that the buttons work fine as the flv downloads, which of course is a solution to my original problem.

Although Quicktime is my favorite video media, for internet delivery without a streaming server it seems the Flash FLV is the smarter choice right now.

Remove Ads