Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Currently ive started my own clothing line and im trying to get a site going but not really sure what the best way to code a e commerce site. Like any other clothing site that you can order clothes and stuff off of. If you guys could give me any information to help me I would appreciate it!

Eric

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I would look at CubeCart ...

You can download and use CubeCart for free, as long as their non-conspicuous
    name appears on there. You download it, configure it, install it into your webhost
    with PHP and MySQL database.

It's fairly easy to customize (with some CSS and template stuff).

Once you get everything working and you decide you like it, you can use it as is,
    or you can remove all references to CubeCart by paying a small fee. Most people
    just use it free and leave the CubeCart name on the page (footer).

==========

You also need to have a merchant account with a company that handles your
    online credit card purchases. CubeCart has Credit Card Gateways for most of the
    popular merchants (authorize.net, paypal, etc).

==========

Finally, and I think this is where most people fail with their online stores ...

You need to commit yourself, or some person (full-time) to handle all of the
    digital photos, uploading, inventory, pricing, sales, advertising, invoicing, shipping
    for your online store. Running an online store is the same amount of work as
    running a real store. You don't just install CubeCart and expect money to roll in.

If you can't install PHP/MySQL scripts yourself, hire someone to install CubeCart
    for you, customize it, and then count on spending many hours to get it ready
    before you begin selling. That means, having terrific full-size digital photos, good
    thumbnail photos, inventory, pricing, shipping costs determined and constant
    monitoring of your store's email address, so you can quickly handle incoming orders.

Good Luck.

EDIT:
    If you need to hire someone to install it for you, this is a list of what they will need to know:
    1) Your webhost provider - Website account info (log-in), MySQL account info (log-in)
    2) Full access to your webhost account
    3) Your Credit Card Merchant account plus log-in info
    4) Your company logo and graphics to customize CubeCart
    5) You, and not the person you hire, will need to upload all of the clothing items, photos, pricing, etc.

I can only speak for myself, but I would be able to do the install, and customize for $400.00,
    providing you were able to successfully meet steps 1-5. The rest would be up to you.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by be cute clothin
    Currently ive started my own clothing line and im trying to get a site going but not really sure what the best way to code a e commerce site. Like any other clothing site that you can order clothes and stuff off of. If you guys could give me any information to help me I would appreciate it!

Eric
    make a basic interface, and then use paypal as your shopping cart, this way you can build your own interface, and then use paypal to make the payments etc. This would be good to get the site started untill you got a more sophisticated design, or technology to work with.
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Remove Ads