Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    does anyone know where I can find a complete description of myspace CSS classes. I love how there are many bands that utilize these highly customizable layouts and would love to figure out how to do it. I just need an 'API' so to speak...
    Christopher Carvache
    Web Developer / SEO
    Northeast Web Design
    +1.860.906.7802

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have seen something where they show all the different blocks, like "about me", "interests", etc, and you can click on which ones you want to show/hide - but it was for a regular myspace page, not a band page. I think they are a little different.

I don't think there's a complete description of their css classes (cauz to tell you the truth, their css is a MESS) but you can find profile generators (that let you pick fonts, colors, etc) and codes all over the place - just google myspace layouts. Or, you can always look at the source of someone else's page and use their code.

The layout is pretty customizable, but unfortunately VERY poorly coded, so you can't, for example, change the background image of JUST the interests table, or anything like that. Pretty much all the changes you can do are workarounds people have come up with to make it work. In other words, they didn't code the myspace html/css with the intentions that people would customize it. (Otherwise, they'd give like, each section a different id, they'd use more descriptive class names than bluetext12, etc)

I've always had this wish that I could recode the entire myspace and make it like, really nice.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    http://www.myspaceunlimited.com/
    http://www.profilepitstop.com/articl...help/index.php
    http://www.myspaceunlimited.com/
    If you google "myspace help" you'll see several resources for creating custom myspace layouts. Most of these sites will have tutorials or tips on how to change the layouts/fonts/colors.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Member #
    below is a part of a code that i used for my space profile
    it is pretty customizable
    table table table table td { border-style: none; }
    table table table table { background-image:url(); background-color: transparent; border-style: none; }

.orangetext15, .lightbluetext8, .whitetext12, .nametext, .btext, .redtext, .redbtext {color:00cccc; filter:none; font-size:10pt; font-style:normal; font-family:,arial,verdana,sans-serif;} body, div, p, td, strong, .text, .blacktext10, .blacktext12, a.searchlinkSmall, a.searchlinkSmall:link, a.searchlinkSmall:visited { color:FFFFFF; font-size:10pt; font-style:normal; font-family:,arial,verdana,sans-serif;}

Am i allowed to give the link to myspace profile?

Member #
    firebug -> inspect = happiness!
    Christopher Carvache
    Web Developer / SEO
    Northeast Web Design
    +1.860.906.7802

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Atilla ...

Private message darknailblue with your myspace link
    and see if that is what he/she is looking for.

You can discuss privately and help him/her out.

Member #
    http://www.abrax.us/bbz/

I just stumbled across that site. Good resource?
    - gah!

Remove Ads