Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I installed my new template in WordPress with a help from a helpful forumer here who helped me with the coding.

Everything is in order, however, when it came to single post viewing (WP owners should know this), the layout got messed up, I checked and triple checked, but I couldn't find anything wrong. Someone, please help me. :disappointed:

My layout should look like this, but it showed up like this when I viewed it in a single post. I think I messed up with single.php in WP. I think you can view my code source

Thanks.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by enyo
    I installed my new template in WordPress with a help from a helpful forumer here who helped me with the coding.

Everything is in order, however, when it came to single post viewing (WP owners should know this), the layout got messed up, I checked and triple checked, but I couldn't find anything wrong. Someone, please help me. :disappointed:

My layout should look like this, but it showed up like this when I viewed it in a single post. I think I messed up with single.php in WP. I think you can view my code source

Thanks.
    There are a few errors in the code that may be messing things up.
    Sending your page through to w3c validator shows some links are being escaped:
    Code:
    <a href="../wp/" />Home</a><br />
    Though that's the same on the working page.
    Once things are validated, the quirks may work themselves out.

Member #
    May I know what's wrong with that? I should remove the slash?

Thanks!

Member #
    Yes, because the 'a' anchor has an ending tag '/a' it does not need to be escaped like a br or img tag to be xhtml compliant.

Only tags without an ending tag need that extra slash in the tag.
    I can't say for sure that it is what's messing up your template, but sometimes extra characters do mess things up, ie earlier this week, I set the background of something to be light purple, but included an extra space, which made it puke yellow only in IE.

So. if we work out the kinks we can find the problem.

Member #
    The problem, as I see it, is that #content is displayed to float. This is alright to do, but it needs to be cleared afterward. In your CSS, you have a class, .clear, but it's not being used anywhere as it should be.

I don't know how orthodox my solution is, but I'd usually put a <br class="clear" /> after the content div.

Member #
    Eddy, you're right, it looks like the container with the background is not aware of the floated content.

Remove Ads