Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys im doing a peice of course work for my college and I have hit a issue, I have to use iframes to display an external text file that has html/javascript in. The web page will render (show the code) correctly on Firefox and Opera but IE 7 is formating it so it dispays the "demo" again inside the iframe, to see what I mean here is a link http://designtechnique.50webs.com/advanced.html.
    Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks like this is a known issue with IE. Go IE! Doesn't seem to be a workaround for it, aside from using actual HTML to display it and replacing all <> with &lt; &gt;.

Member #
    Thanks shadowfiend, I was hoping you wasn't going to say that but I guess its the only way.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Is the proper content type of "text/plain" being used to serve the file? If so, IE should not be interpreting the code but taking it literally as text instead.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's what I'm saying -- that's a known problem with IE. It'll take text/plain files and render them as HTML anyway. If it weren't being served as text/plain, FF would render it, too :-)

Remove Ads