Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello,

I'm here wondering what's the main differences between the 2 browsers related to CSS layout. I just started to adventure myself in Webdesign and found here the perfect place to learn a lot

I'm editing our company's website now but I can see a lot of different "fixes" people say to make a website looks the same in both browsers.

Wich are the main tips you can give? I mean, the most common and used ones

Thank you very much! I hope not to be too pushy.

Member #
    IE7 is alright, the main problems I have across browsers are pixel alignments. These require separate style sheets.

IE6 is horrible, it has issues with everything from floats to transparency. You don't really need to be aware of all of the fixes. Just write correct XHTML. Then style your page from the top down checking in IE6/7 and FF as you go along. I find this is the best way to work. Especially when it comes to IE6 at least. It allows you to spot these problems quickly and thus rectify them easily.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    And look into occasionally using Dean Edwards' excellent IE7 script to smooth some of the differences over.

Remove Ads