Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi
    I am new to web design I have been working on some some basic websites for the past three years. I have a customer that would like to have a e-commerce website built that he would like to sell RC heliocopters/parts. I'm not sure how big his inventory is. Shouldn't be that big maybe a 100 to 200 parts. My question is how should I build this website. Do I need to have a database or something. PHP? SQL? I there some type of software i can use. to amke it easier. Because I have no experience in that. But would like to learn about it. I am graphic designer not a web developer so I'm sorry if this a noobie question. Please feel free to ask any question and i will answer them to the best of my ability.
    P.S. I normally use dreamweaver and photoshop to create my websites

Member #
    with the size of the inverntory, you are going to definetly use a database. since you are using dreamweaver, it will make your task easier. As of now, I only experience in retrieving information on a database, not adding, updating or deleting. What kind of database are you planning to use?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Install CubeCart for free. It's free if you leave their branding on the pages,
    which is no big deal, (everyone does that). Otherwise, $90 to remove the
    references to CubeCart. You install it, then customize the pages to look
    like the rest of your site. They have most of the popular Credit Gateways
    ready to go.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    try OsCommerce, its free , you can add-in STS contribution and style the whole shopping cart w/ CSS. Also there is another contribtion that lets you add all your products in it using an excel file, so you just type in excel all the info and import it... its called "easy populate"

Remove Ads