Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi
    Thanks in advance! You all have been very helpful in the past.
    The page I am talking about is here

The page looks correct in FF 2.0 and the css for the div #id=reources does not work at all in IE7. I found the code from a tutorial on another website since I am still trying to learn css on the fly not sure if it is even the right way at all. also the footer works properly in FF but in IE7 and safari part of it floats up to the top obviously I don't have a clue why.
    and on the top nav bar should have a continious white border on the bottom and there is a small spot missing it up by the contacts tab, again clueless...
    just a little background...this was a template I purchased sometime ago and I have been slowly trying to edit and learn css and get it to validate and ahhh... actually work. I hope I have made some sense.

any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!:classic:
    Thanks!
    Q

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If by your resources div not working you mean that the lists keep getting bumped to the next row, it's because the width of their containing divs is too wide. Try replacing this:

Code:
    #resources div {
    	width: 325px;
    	height: 250px;
    	padding: 10px; 
    	border: 0px;
    	float: left;
    }
    with this:

Code:
    #resources div {
    	width: 220px;
    	height: 250px;
    	padding: 10px; 
    	border: 0px;
    }
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For the footer, the reason why it is going up to the top is because you're using table height=100% which is no longer valid and doesn't work anymore.

Instead, try setting that background to the containing div (line 125 in the HTML), aligned to the bottom and repeated-x, like this:

HTML Code:
    <td rowspan="5" height="100%" width="100%" style="background: url(resources_files/bak3.jpg) repeat-x left bottom">

For the broken line in the top nav, it's because you've set a white bottom border to the nav items, but not their containing div, and they are not as wide as their containing div. So, try taking OFF the bottom border for the nav items, and ADD it for the containing div - that way, the border will go all the way across.

In other words, change this:

Code:
    #nav a {
    	color: white;
    	text-align: center;
    	text-decoration: none;
    	border-right: 1px solid #eee;
    	margin: 0px;
    	padding-left: 23px;
    	padding-right: 23px;
    	height: 20px;
    	font-size: 12px;
    	font-family:Tahoma;
    	padding-top: 3px;
    	border-bottom: 1px solid white;
    }
    to this:

Code:
    #nav a {
    	color: white;
    	text-align: center;
    	text-decoration: none;
    	border-right: 1px solid #eee;
    	padding-left: 23px;
    	padding-right: 23px;
    	height: 20px;
    	font-size: 12px;
    	font-family:Tahoma;
    	padding-top: 3px;
    }
    (delete the last CSS style, the border-bottom one)

AND change THIS:

Code:
    #nav {
    	height: 23px;
    	background-color: #5A5A5A;
    }
    to THIS:

Code:
    #nav {
    	height: 23px;
    	background-color: #5A5A5A;
    	border-bottom: 1px solid white;
    }

Member #
    Hellloooo.....

Thanks for the help! basically what I was trying to achieve with the #resource div was kind of how it appeared in firefox but in IE in just stayed vertical and it did not move the boxes so it looked like 2 columns. I don't even know if this is the right way to get what I am looking for but it was the closet I could find. As far as some of the other issues this was a template my office had purchased that I am slowly re-doing to be up to current standards I know there are quite a few things that need to be fixed still, it used to have over a hundred errors so I have made some progress but obviously I have a long way to go I had the site done in css already but I don't know enough to get everything over to it without it taking to long for it to be acceptable to my office I just want to show them something then work on the correct css site then switch it over one day. I am hoping to learn a lot from both of them.
    I really appreciate the help and I am going now to try your suggestions and will post back when I am done.
    Thanks,
    Q

Member #
    Hi,

Okay I got the bottom border working for the nav bar! Thank you! I had a feeling that was what it was but did not know how to implement it correctly (works in FF and IE to!)
    But the footer on the right has just disappeared all together after making the changes so I am obvioulsy not getting something or putting it in the wrong spot look here to see what I mean it does not work in FF or IE, look here in FF to see how it should look in IE as well.
    As far as the # resources divs I changed the div size from 325px to 250 as you suggested but it still did not work in IE so I just changed it back if you look at this page here in FF you will see what I am trying to achieve There are 8 divs and I would like 4 on each side as if it were 2 columns of info (I hope that make sense) in IE7 they just show up vertically no matter what size I make them. I don't have a clue as to how to make it work in both or even if that is the correct way to do it.
    but I am so happy the nav is working correctly now!!!!
    Thanks
    Q

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey,

It for the resources, I know it is the size of the div because I made the size smaller and it fixed it. So, I don't know if maybe you're editing the wrong thing or something... But when I get home, if I remember, I will try to upload my version somewhere to show you.

H

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberryh
    Hey,

It for the resources, I know it is the size of the div because I made the size smaller and it fixed it. So, I don't know if maybe you're editing the wrong thing or something... But when I get home, if I remember, I will try to upload my version somewhere to show you.
    H
    Hey,
    Thanks! it does not work for me though, I can see the change in the size of the div #resources when I change it and I changed the padding to but in IE7 it will not move up to look like it does in FF. You can see the size of the div change in FF but nothing looks different in IE:ermm:. I put the div back to the original sizes so you can see how it looks in FF so hopefully I can get it to look the same way in IE. I hope that makes sense. and I really appreciate your help. if you think I should repost my ? just let me know
    Thanks
    Sue

Remove Ads