Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: CSS for IE mac?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    do you guys still create your css so its crossbrowser w/ ie mac?

if so can you even still d/l ie for a mac?? i cnat find a side that the link still works...

Member #
    I don't even care about IE for Mac because if anyone is smart enough to get online with a Mac then they're smart enough to know that Mac IE blows.

I just wouldn't even waste the time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Bwahahahahahahaha. You said `IE' and `CSS' in the same sentence.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    Bwahahahahahahaha. You said `IE' and `CSS' in the same sentence.
    LOL, that is funny. I don't think that I have ever seen a site visitor, for me or any of my clients, that use IE on a Mac. Until I do, screw it. Like Eddy said, anyone using a Mac is most likely smart enough to know to stay away from IE.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    lol .. do u guys make a separate css sheet for ie sometimes?

Member #
    I find that my styles are pretty much cross-browser compatible, and it not I just put a few hacks in the footer of my main sheet or next to the style it applies to. I haven't found a reason yet that there were so many differences in rendering as to necessitate a separate stylesheet.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not if I can avoid it. However, at my current job, I have found myself creating a fairly large amount of IE-only styling so as to achieve the same effects. Admittedly, the styling I'm doing here is quite complex, and much of that IE-only styling involves transparent PNG backgrounds and their related fixes.

Aside from that, I have never been in a situation where either IE hacks or IE-specific stylesheets have been necessary.

Member #
    As far as styling for Mac IE - I don't worry about it too much. Mac's IE is actually quite a bit better than IE6 (handling alpha transparencies for pngs and what not) from what I remember. If you style your site to look good in IE6 and some of the actual standards compliant browsers, then IE for Mac should be fine as well. Although I also agree with Eddie Bones, if someone is running a Mac - the only reason they would (normally) use IE is for designing themselves (so we would hope anyway).

When I style my sites, I usually try to keep the css sheet as universal as possible and not try to specify too much for IE. Reason being that if Microsoft ever gets off their high horse (or is it a low horse?) and starts making their browser w3 compliant then the stylesheets you create might suffer and you'll have to recreate them. Sometimes, however, you can't really avoid it. Then you just kind of have to bang your head on your desk and curse out loud.

Remove Ads