Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My first post--I hope I didn't miss an e-commerce forum somewhere. I'm not sure this belongs here and will move it if someone suggests a better place.

I am a vendor for an event management package that handles on-line registration, but has never supported on-line payments, which more and more possible purchasers are needing. For several reasons, the developer of the software is unable to help me do what I want to do, so I'm turning here for help.

I know enough to have put together my company's simple Web site (some HTML/Dreamweaver, but no php, etc.), but I know zip about e-commerce and am having a hard time absorbing what I read.

I have a Web form in place that will collect the registration information (registration type, fees, sessions to be attended, travel and accommodation details, etc., etc.) and format it, then send the email for my software to process into the database. What I don't know how to do is interrupt this routine to put the payment processing bit in, then, after payment is complete, have the server send the formatted email on its way. I'm looking for a sort of generic solution that will simplify the software user's job of tying in to his/her own payment gateway or whatever it's called. The Web form to enter the information and send the formatted email are part of the existing software.

I don't expect a complete answer here, but if someone can give me some hints about the general process that's needed and where to go for more details, it will help a lot.

David

Member #
    Have you registered a merchant account yet to handle online payments?

Member #
    This isn't about me doing payment processing, but about setting up a registration page for the software I distribute that will make it easier for the user of the software to build their own solution, using their own merchant account, server, gateway, etc.

As it is, the registration page I provide, when the form is submitted, sends information back to the user, and I need to know how to save that information at the server, interrupt the process, then resume sending the data back to the user (and my software) after payment is completed.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    This sounds like something that is way beyond what we can provide on this forum.
    I suggest you hire a programmer. What you're looking for is very advanced scripting.

Remove Ads