Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    when I put my home page - "vededesign" in google search , the first page shown is: vededesign.com - without www in front of it ..but the second score has it... why is that ...??
    thanks ahead !!

sorry my bad ENG

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Those are typically interchangeable.

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know if it's Firefox, or my DNS, or whatever, but a lot of sites don't load unless I put the 'www' in. :S

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's none of the above. I said `typically' interchangeable (sorry for the short post, by the way -- I was in a hurry) because most registrars will offer to register with and without www. for you (some even do it automatically). If that's done, then they're interchangeable. If it isn't, then they aren't interchangeable. Take as an example the GA Tech sites. www.gatech.edu and gatech.edu both work, but the subdomains, like the ECE website at www.ece.gatech.edu, doesn't work without the www. At the same time, other subdomains, like webmail.mail.gatech.edu, doesn't work *with* www.

Member #
    Yes, but when I click on my link in google browser than in my InternetExplorer addresbar I also get http://vededesign.com ....I mean does it affects my page rank or robots search or what .. is it bad or what ??

Member #
    also, all that has started whan I have my Home page rearranged and updated... also there was one mistake ( the content of .htm and .html -code was not the same and after some period I corrected it)...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not sure what level of distinction Google makes between the two -- I doubt it makes any, since they are widely used interchangeably, like I said. Again, the DNS entires just point to the same computers. You'll still be at something that appears to be a different domain.

Member #
    thanks Shadowfriend.. I suppose it will comfort me !!

Remove Ads