Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys, I am working on adding a shopping cart to this site, and trying to position the checkout icon right where I want it (over an image). I put into a div, and positioned it where I want it, but I have a space below that I need to get rid of now. Can you guys help me?

http://www.ggitime.com/checkout.php

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I'm using IE6.0 and things look OK to me ... (see attached screenshot).

You'll have to describe the problem in more detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    The black bar below shouldnt be there

Member #
    yeah, looks good in IE7 also. Fireforx it's a little off to the right

see screenshot

also, placing the png graphic in a style for the div is a little bit of a weird way around getting that graphic in there.

As your site is not completely css based, you might as well throw in a table with 2 coloumns..one for the shopping cart icon and one with the text. vert align the two cells to center and it will look the way you want in both IE and firefox.

Hope that helps a little

Brian
    AURORA Web Technology
    Web Design Naples
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Few things I've noticed...

Your styles and Javascript appear to be in some form of limbo, between the </head> and the <body> tags. They should be in the <head> section.

As to the space... remember that when you use relative positioning it leaves the space there that would have been taken had you not moved the element... so, the way you've coded it, you're going to get 35px of space as the other elements are remaining in their natural position whilst your checkout is moving up.

Also the checkout text is too far to the right, overflowing the design, and you have a php error...

Code:
    Warning: array_sum() [function.array-sum]: The argument should be an array in /usr/home/ggitim/www/htdocs/checkout.php on line 233
    Design-wise I really like the way you've used the sundial, but personally I wouldn't move the checkout bar that far up, as I feel it's too close to the GGI graphic.

Sean

Remove Ads