Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I am helping with a site and was told by a friend about web standards. I used tables before but thought I would try.

I can not get the menu to look the same in Explorer and Firefox. I have tried everything and realize I may have bit off more than I can chew here.

The web site is click here

Any help would be great. Please if someone could help me figuare this out or point me to some research. I thought it was haslayout but I used 0 margin?

There seems to be a lot to learn just to make a basic layout. I hope this gets easier.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Member #
    perhaps you could tell us which one looks the way you want it to look?

Member #
    sorry about that. The explorer is now the best but there is a gap between the logo and the rest of the menu. Firefox was perfect but explorer would move the menu under the logo.

Now after trying to fix it Firefox and Netscape show the menu lines below the main nav. I can fix that but then Explorer gets jacked up.

Does that help? I may not be using the right terminology but in Firefox you can see the problem and in Explorer there is now a gap but margins and padding are set to zero for left and right of the two navs.

Member #
    After you reply I thought it was a bit unfair to ask for non specific help. I updated the site with some adjustments and have two problems.

1) In Firefox there is a 5px or so space betweeen the top of the site and the top of the page.

2) In IE there is a space between the logo and the menu. I can't remove this space and there is no space in Firefox.

Any help will be appreciated.

Member #
    Well I don't know if you fixed it or not, but for the record it looks fine in Safari and Firefox on the Mac.
    - gah!

Member #
    Beans thank you! I did get it fixed. I didn't have margin and padding set to zero for ul. However I don't have a Mac and wandered about Safari so thanks again for that info.

Member #
    @wooddoor: Remember that there is a BETA version of Safari available for Windows.
    Dont know if it would render the same as a Mac version would though.
    Matthew Stocker
    (X)HTML, CSS, PHP & JavaScript Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Again, the version of Safari for Windows is Safari 3, which is the version on the iPhone (sort of) but won't be the version on the Mac until Leopard comes out (Real Soon Now (tm)).

Member #
    In that case I stand corrected hehe, but wasnt there the new beta version for tiger aswell?

Anyways im getting too far off topic!
    Matthew Stocker
    (X)HTML, CSS, PHP & JavaScript Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Possibly. There are nightly builds available of WebCore on webkit.org, that's for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads