Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok, I'm stumped. Probably an easy solution but I've stared at it long enough to humble myself and ask for help.

Here's the site. And here's the css link.

Firefox is adding a break between my navcontainer and content divs and between my content and footercontainer divs. IE is displaying it as I intend.

Member #
    The <h2> element on top of your content div has a margin of 13 top and bottom. However, I can't seem to find out where this margin is coming from (doesn't seem to be in the h2 styling). More likely this is a problem with IE's approach to the box model, not Firefox... I'll be looking deeper.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I had tried commenting out the <h2> tag prior to posting and unfortunately that didn't help. I commented out everything on the page one element at a time and the only thing that resolved the issue was commenting out the entire content div. Clearly, though, there is no margin applied to that content div. I'm baffled.

Member #
    It is definitely a margin-top on the h2 - if you set its margin-top to 0, it disappears. I wonder where it came from, though... Maybe it's because you haven't reset the CSS.

Look into a CSS reset. Or, Just do:
    Code:
    *{
      margin: 0;
      padding: 0;
    }
    Seems to me that firefox's default stylesheet sets a top margin for h2.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    You are right...the css reset does clear up the issue. Odd though...I double checked the h2 tag and even with it commented out the issue still existed. Just "one of those things" I suppose.

Thanks a ton for your help.

Remove Ads