Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello. I am working on a client order page and was wondering what type of code I will need to get the form from my web page back to me in my email. The form has all of the elements: text, buttons, checkbox. Most of the form is in <table>. I am also using css to get the look that I want. The web page I am working on is a photography web page. Clients will be able to give me all of the information I will need to print and ship the products. Thanks for the help.

Member #
    Why not design how you would like a completed order to look and work backwards?.

Also I am not sure if you mean the processing code to get the information from web page to e-mail or the code to display your order form.

Member #
    Definitely you will need a server-side language to go from the browser to email, so find out what your host supports. The HTML+CSS will control the display of the email if it comes in HTML format.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Thanks for the help. I have all of the xhtml and css done. I have the form page just the way I want it. I was reading on the web that php is not a bad language to learn and my server does support it. I am also learning javascrip so I can have random pictures on my site. I was wondering if this language could be used to get my client info to me in my email. If I have time I will put my form on the server that way you will see just what I would need. Thanks

Member #
    PHP yes, Javascript no.

Post your form, there are enough threads here about emailing with PHP, and on the web too.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, you can use variants of Javascript on the server side, but it's unlikely you'll find support for them (unless you have a vaniall ASP server around, in which case you can use JScript).

Member #
    Thanks for the reply. I think it wise on part to go to Borders and pick up a good PHP book. Any one have an ideas. By previous experience includes machine language, assembly language, basic and some c++.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Learn PHP, yes ...

But you can find many PHP examples on sending forms by using Google.
    Enough to get you started anyhow.

Member #
    Me again.
    I have bought a PSP book and I almost have it down. The PSP checks to make sure that all of the correct fields are filled in. The client fills in the information and then clicks on CONTINUE ( The CONTINUE is a submit button). If one of the fields is not filled in I have a echo of Please use the back arrow to correct this problem. The problem that I am having is: After everything is filled in. I ask the client to verify and click on SEND. I can not figure out how to place a button on the verify page to send the information to my E-mail . I have tried INCLUDE that does keep my $msg and does send it. However I would like a button in there some place to allow the client to check it over before it sends me the info. I have also tried this ( <a href =\"<?php include (\"send.php\")\"?>SEND IT</a> When I click on SEND IT it opens a new window and states this"FORBIDDEN you do not have permission to access (my local directory) on this Server. I am using Apache on my computer as localhost. If there is a way in Apache to allow this type of access, will the file that sends me the info be visibale to all to see. (view source). I hope that I have given enough information.

Member #
    Hum. Interesting.

First off, do you mean PHP? I'm not familiar with PSP.

In PHP, to send email, look into the mail function.

As far as getting the information, everything has to be in the PHP page. The easiest way to do this (though not the slickest) is to POST everything. So, as the user hits continue, whatever info they have goes into a form field like this:

HTML Code:
    <input name="email" type="hidden" value="someone@somewhere.com" />
    "Send it" should be a submit button, with all the hidden form fields:
    HTML Code:
    <form method="post" action="contact.php"> 
      <input name="email" type="hidden" value="someone@somewhere.com" />
      <input name="first_name" type="hidden" value="Chris" />
      <input name="last_name" type="hidden" value="Smith" />
      <input name="msg" type="hidden" value="This is a pretty cool site, I hope you continue to develop it and I can't wait until the new features come out." />

<input name="submit" type="submit" value="SEND IT!" />
    </form>
    Then the php would take all the things from the $_POST, and send using the mail() function.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads