Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Can someone check out my site at http://www.jonbarron.org and tell me why my favicon isn't coming up in IE? It comes up in Safari and everything just fine but not IE. Any ideas why this is?

The code I used is this...

Code:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

Member #
    GIF files renamed to favicon.ico work in Firefox and Safari among other browsers, but not in IE. In IE, you must have the icon in the ICON format (.ico), not a .gif renamed into .ico.
    Hyperair

Member #
    I guess that solved it for me then... I'm using Fireworks 8. Do you know if that supports the .ico format or is there another program I should use?

Member #
    I'm not sure about Fireworks 8.0, but I know that Photoshop can save into .ico format with the help of an extension called IcoFormat.

Ah here we go. I've uploaded the favicon.ico in ico format. Saved it from your .gif file using a program called Eye of GNOME, the default picture viewer in Ubuntu.

Since I couldn't upload the .ico just like that I had to upload it in a zip file. Extract it, replace your favicon.ico, and enjoy. =)
    Hyperair

Remove Ads