Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    if no transparency needed, are jpegs the most suitable for quality and compression? ... ...read more >>
    for transparency you all suggest .png w/ one the swifty nifty png fixes for the IE...

another question ... i have been haunted by photoshop on a mac w/ saving as .png file format for web, it brightens/lightens the colors tremendously and i ve tried all the output color settings on saveforweb.. what is the solution for this? or is it just testing it in firefox maybe?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I always try gif and jpg side by side - strikes me gifs come out slightly better for stuff with up to about 8 colours in it, and jpgs come out better for more multi coloured stuff like photos.
    Seems to vary a lot to me.There does seem to be some sort of pattern but it doesn't seem to always necessarily apply.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kade119
    for transparency you all suggest .png w/ one the swifty nifty png fixes for the IE...
    I always go the long route and never really use transparencies - I make them manually with appropriate "clever" backgrounds. I like to be guaranteed they'll show ok.

Remove Ads