Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, im busy making the site: www.redrogue.co.za
    And have little sliding div's. My problem is that the middle buttons dont pick up the onMouseOver even. This is in the same position that the top sliding down div(show it by clicking on a special on the left) is. So its like its covering the middle buttons. But its not? It works fine in IE 7 but not in FF2. I havent tested it in other browsers.
    Please could you help me out a bit. I cant figure out what im doing wrong?

Thanks alot.

Member #
    Nice work I wish I had some skills like that. I don't know all that much about all this but try changing the layering so that the button are on top of the thing that scrolls down. At least that's a simple thing to do it might ruin the visual that you wanted. I think it would still look good to me. at least it would work for a temporary basis.

Member #
    When I go to that link I get a "Page not found" error.

Without evening seeing it though, it sounds like it could be a problem with your DOM declarations within your JavaScript. Of course seeing the actual code would help

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by imagn
    When I go to that link I get a "Page not found" error.

Without evening seeing it though, it sounds like it could be a problem with your DOM declarations within your JavaScript. Of course seeing the actual code would help

Hmmm, what exactly is a DOM declaration? That page works fine for me and someother people. Maybe try load it again? I could paste the code here, but its quite long.
    Thanks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylegiscramped
    Nice work I wish I had some skills like that. I don't know all that much about all this but try changing the layering so that the button are on top of the thing that scrolls down. At least that's a simple thing to do it might ruin the visual that you wanted. I think it would still look good to me. at least it would work for a temporary basis.
    Thanks I could do the layering thing, except I think it might look a bit wierd. I will try it and see what happens. Shot

Member #
    Ah, flash replacement. I like it, I do a lot of it too. Tips:

1. You can do good with a JS library to simplify what you're doing. jQuery is mine, others will pick prototype. These libraries allow you to easily grab elements and manipulate them. They make it really easy to manage your code too. I highly suggest you take a look at them.

2. Remove your table layout and replace it with CSS and semantic code. This is especially important to what you're doing, because you really want each element to be free to act on its own, and table's are a bad choice for layouting anyway.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    Ah, flash replacement. I like it, I do a lot of it too. Tips:

1. You can do good with a JS library to simplify what you're doing. jQuery is mine, others will pick prototype. These libraries allow you to easily grab elements and manipulate them. They make it really easy to manage your code too. I highly suggest you take a look at them.

2. Remove your table layout and replace it with CSS and semantic code. This is especially important to what you're doing, because you really want each element to be free to act on its own, and table's are a bad choice for layouting anyway.
    Thanks for the advice. But how would I lay stuff out without tables?Could you give me an example of it? Thanks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by roguemat
    Hmmm, what exactly is a DOM declaration? That page works fine for me and someother people. Maybe try load it again? I could paste the code here, but its quite long.
    Thanks
    For instance try declaring the following as variables (for FireFox):

=======================

var home = new Image(); home.src = "images/button_home_over.jpg";
    var design = new Image(); design.src = "images/button_design_over.jpg";
    var hosting = new Image(); hosting.src = "images/button_hosting_over.jpg";
    var portfolio = new Image(); portfolio.src = "images/button_portfolio_over.jpg";
    var contact = new Image(); contact.src = "images/button_contact_over.jpg";

==================================

Remove Ads