Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'd just like to say I'm not the most inept coder then again I wouldn't be asking for help with this if i were. Anyways, I was wondering is there a way I could code a menu in a css style sheet and then reference it from there into another page. For instance if I had a menu with links that changed often and I only wanted to have to change it once instead of updating it on every page it was on. So if anyone could point me to a tutorial or give me a bit of an explination. For I am a child in need of wisdom from the coders of ol'... or something like that. THANKS!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    you can reference the css style sheet... but far as referencing the html structure of the menu you cannot.. just copy and paste the html part of the menu in to each page you want to embed it, and change the links out... if not that route.. im sure the is a way to what your wanting.. but with php.. you would still have to change the links though

Member #
    You can use a server-side language to include a file that holds the navigation HTML into each page.

Try a google search for "php includes" and you'll get some good results. Please note that you'll need a server that supports PHP.

Hopefully that wasn't too vague, I'm at work right now... lol.

Member #
    ok that should help plenty thanks guys much appreciation.

Remove Ads