Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I am a beginner level web designer and have a question. I uploaded html files, css file and jpg images under public html directory of my host.

The home page (index.html) displays correctly, except it brings one of the pictures but not the other, and the links does not work. I checked the file names, everything is ok.

The path names in index.html are such as:

href="../css1.css" /> (this one works and correctly relates to css)
    src="../file name 1.jpg" (one image written in this exact format show up on the page, but the other does not...no file name mistake etc... why is this happening?)

also the links written such as

<a href="page2.html">page2</a>

does not bring up page2 and it says there is no such file in the directory. again this line is also in the index html.

Can someone help? Thanks

Member #
    Please link to the site so we can have a look at the code.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Yes ... we need a link to see it in action.

Member #
    Thanks guys, I resolved it. The problem was, the extension of the file was .jpg in one place but .JPG in the other. The folder was correct though. I did not know this file extension needed to be case sensitive.
    The problem with the not loading pages was, the page names included spaces. In this case I learned that I needed to use an underdash _ which I did not. That was why the pages were not loading. the page is gulaytuter.com

Remove Ads